Stage 4 Regulations
3 August, 2020
Your actions count. Let’s bring the count down.
One of the best ways to support healthcare workers is to stick to the rules. It’s up to us all to break the chain of transmission so we can help our community get back on its feet more quickly.
Here’s the lowdown of the new lockdown.
From 6pm on Sunday 2nd August, Victoria entered a State of Disaster. The following Stage 4 restrictions are now in place:
- Face coverings are compulsory at all times, in all public places
- Exercise – 1 hour per day within 5km of home, max. 2 people
- Shopping – 1 person per household per day, within 5km of home
- Study at TAFE and uni must be done remotely
- Schools – remote and flexible learning across all year levels
- Onsite supervision for children whose parents are permitted workers and vulnerable kids who can’t learn from home
- From Thursday 6th August, those same rules will apply to Melbourne’s kinder and early childhood education services
- From Wednesday 5th August at 11:59pm, weddings in Melbourne cannot take place.
You can still:
- Visit an intimate partner
- Continue shared parenting
- Leave home is there is family violence, or the threat of family violence, and you are at risk
- Take a child or an at-risk person to the supermarket with you if the only other option is to leave them alone at home
- Travel to a supermarket further than 5km only if that shop is the closest to you.
These changes will be in place until Sunday 13 September at least.